RIP Home Button! It’s All Screen – iPhone X
It was iPhone day(12/09/2017), it was its tenth anniversary and at the opulent new Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, Apple has launched three smartphones iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus and iPhone X with edge to edge screen, FaceID and wireless charging. In addition to the phones, Apple announced a third generation of its watch and a 4K Apple TV.
Initially, most of the experts thought the iPhone 8 would be Apple’s main new phone. But instead of it Apple has launched three smartphones on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the original iPhone. Also Read: How to make your product stand out with UX Design?
Key features of iPhone 8 and 8 plus
- Colors – Silver, Space Grey, new gold finish
- All bionic chip – The most powerful and smartest chip ever in smartphone.
- Water and dust resistant
- 7″ display in the 8 and 5.5″ display in the Plus
- Stereo speakers. 25% louder than the speakers in the 7
- 12MP camera
- 4K 60fps video
- Cameras calibrated for augmented reality
- New Portrait Lighting feature: machine learning creates facial landmarks and enhances light effects on the face (8Plus)
- Wireless charging
- Pre order on September 15, available on September 22
- iOS 11 available on September 19
- 64GB and 256GB
- iPhone 8: £649 for 64GB, £849 for 256GB
- iPhone 8 Plus: £749 for 64GB, £949 for 256GB
When will iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus will be available?
The iPhone 8 will be available from September 22. You will be able to pre-order the new device from 15 September. iOS 11 will be available to download from 19 September.
Apple has completely refurbished the iPhone for its tenth anniversary& launched iPhone X.
The main key features of iPhone X are as follows:
- 3D tracking technology will be used to unlock the phone
- Edge-to-edge display screens that cover the whole front of the phone
- No home button
- Face ID unlocks the phone using facial recognition software. Works with Apple Pay.
- New Portrait Lighting Feature Machine learning creates facial landmarks and enhances light effects on the face
- iOS 11 will feature, among other things, peer-to-peer Apple Pay and a redesigned Control Centre
- Wireless charging already in use for the Apple Watch and will now be integrated into iPhones
- 8″ ‘Super Retina’ display Supports HDR in Dolby Vision and HDR10 and True Tone
- 64GB and 256GB Costs from £999 for 64GB version and £1,149 for 256GB. Available for pre-order from October 27 and ships from November 3.
Apple Watch 3
The third generation of Apple’s smartwatch is the first that works independently from the iPhone. A cellular version of the device is available form £399 and can make phone calls and browse the web.
Apple also launched a 4K version of its set-top Apple TV box at the event.
On iPhone’s 10th anniversary Apple has unveiled a product that will set the path for technology for the next decade.
Featured & Other Image Credits: apple.com
Leave a Reply